Sunday, May 20, 2012

Life in three paragraphs.


I know I can never change my past.  Yet somehow, I am kind of okay with that, but only to a certain extent.  There are still those certain things that I just wish I could go back and change.  I believe that I always will want to.  I can’t help but think of the “what if’s” in life.  They are constantly haunting people.  Isn’t that life, though; the act of wanting to change all the mistakes that you made in the past?  Every person hopes for that wish at some point in their life.  That’s only because every human being makes mistakes.  We all have issues, problems, fears, hopes, dreams.  The issue is this: we won’t go far enough to fix things, reach for our dreams, and overcome our fears.  All we choose to do is talk about them, complain about them.  Is that really ever going to help us make it far in life?  What would this world be like if we all worked together, even for just one day?  Could we really make a big impact on the world?  Could we change the way people treat each other? 

Why don’t we, as people, ever reach for things in life?  I mean, life is short as it is, why put things off to another day?  We have right now.  That is truly all we can be completely sure about.  We don’t know if tomorrow will ever come, let alone next week or next year.  Life is this absolutely beautiful thing that we take for granted daily.  Why not stop that?  It takes one person, just one, to stand up against the world and make a change for just themselves.  You reach for one of your goals every day and you can change the way you live.  It wouldn’t be that hard if we actually put forth a good effort.

There are quite a few things I have learned about life this past year.  What effort you put forth, is exactly what result you are going to get back.  Every little choice that you make has a consequence, whether good or bad. God is the only person that you are ever going to be able to completely trust, he is the only person that will truly never let you down.  Now, why is it that we have trouble believing and understanding these things?  I mean, they’re just simple words.  Simple words put together to make complex sentences.  Complex doesn’t always mean bad.  Complex can sometimes mean it’s true, but you’re just going to have trouble admitting to the truth.  Everyone does, it’s the way life is.

No comments:

Post a Comment